Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy, happy new year

As usual I'm fashionably late...this time it is in wishing you all the happiest of new years.

May 2009 be your best year yet in every possible way! :)

My new year started in the most delightfully unexpected way. I received an email from the ultra-lovely Nicole Campanella of BeadWright with the news that I was the winner of her monthly contest for free beads! Winning some free beads is as simple as leaving a comment on Nicole's blog...if your name is drawn out of the hat at the end of the month, you can expect to receive a little package from Nicole in your mailbox. You can also win free beads by visiting Nicole's website and answering a question. How easy is that!

My little package arrived in the mail this morning, all the way from the US. Here are the contents:



Aren't I lucky! *smug*

There are two hanks of Czech seed beads in the most luscious shade of sky-blue. I have already pulled them out of their packet and run my fingers over them too many times to count today...their quality is obvious! I will be saving these beauties for a special project. My package also contained a kit with 14 assorted sizes and colours of Nicole's Bead Backing. The quality and texture of this felt is really fantastic, not to mention the glorious colours! You can get your hands on either of these beady products (and many more) at Nicole's Etsy store or Art Fire store.

I am thrilled to be the recipient of these wonderful and unexpected gifts. It was like opening a little package of happiness, and I don't think I've stopped smiling since :)

Nicole's generosity is something to be admired...and something that we should all aspire to :)

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-