Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My creative space...

It is well and truly Winter here.

There is a chill and a crispness in the air.  The trees everywhere are bare, the ground covered in sepia-toned leaves.  My two year old daughter likes to dance over and around the leaves, fluttering like a fairy...I can't help but stomp on them to hear that wonderful *crunch* when we go for our walks around the neighbourhood.

Whilst I enjoy the little treasures that this season has to offer,  I desperately miss the days of endless sunshine!  I have been craving warmth and sunshine and flowers...

Alas, my beaded flowers will have to suffice until Spring blooms again...


I have been working on some petite lilac blossoms...


...which will soon find their way into a petite necklace...

...with some petite gemstones...


They measure 3cm from petal tip to petal tip, and whilst I hate repetition, these little blooms are just begging to be clustered together en masse.

See what other creative people are up to today at Kirsty's blog.


Thanks for looking, and be well!


16 comments:

  1. These blossoms remind me of our Lilac Festival! There is a park in the city of Rochester that hosts it every year! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, a Lilac Festival sounds divine, Kristen...they are one of my favourite blooms! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally thought the flowers were real when i first looked at the picture! pretty purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Inma!

    Kim, that is a huge compliment that you thought the flowers were real...thank you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so delicate Belinda - just beautiful. I can't wait to see what you create with these... they are so pretty on their own so will be stunning in a piece.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah Lilac, they have such a special meaning to me. I always knew it was spring when the lilacs blossomed in the big Vondelpark in Amsterdam, oh I miss that place. I am with you, winter has its joy and place, but I so miss the uplifting air of springtime.

    Gorgeous and delicate, I can almost smell them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karyn, I was thinking these would also make a sweet pair of earrings...but I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing earrings from me, I've been making so many of late! LOL Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have something to show soon...my creating has been rather slow lately.

    You've painted a wonderful picture for me, B...I can see your lilac tree in Amsterdam in full bloom, and it is a glorious sight :-) I think many of us are craving Spring, it is a bitterly cold Winter this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful Belinda! I can't believe they are so tiny! They'll look amazing all clustered together. Hope you find some warmth soon :) K

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beaded flowers are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the finished necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda, these lilac blossoms are fantastic, I can't wait to see the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I admire your patience! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Kylie! I hope the weather warms up soon...I believe Perth is experiencing a record-breaking cold snap at the moment! BRRRR

    Thank you so much Kellie! :-)

    Anna, I'm so glad you like my lilac blossoms...hopefully I'll have a completed necklace to show soon!

    Thank you Helmitarha :-) For me it takes a lot of patience to create multiples of something, because I don't like repetition LOL But I think it will be a worthwhile effort for the end result ;-)

    Thank you very much, Craft Cove :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so curious what they will look like. They're even now beautiful!
    Until they get finished I'll send some sunshine from here. It's rather hot in Europe these days :)
    Lots of kisses, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Niki, thank you so much for the sunshine...I could definitely do with some warmth over here right now! BRRRR Thanks for the lovely words too, you're always so sweet :-) Hugs, B. -xo-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-