Sunday, July 11, 2010

And now you are One...

It seems only yesterday we looked into each other's eyes for the first time.


Those beautiful, brown eyes that remind me so much of your Daddy.  Those beautiful, brown eyes that are filled with warmth, and humour, and honesty...just like your Daddy's.




And when you smile your goofy smile at me, with your four teeth....ohhhh, that smile....you know it melts my heart.  And it melts the heart of any girl or woman in the vicinity.  You're a heartbreaker in the making...




That head full of unruly curls is cute-as-pie now, but I know you will hate it when you're a teenager.  Just remember that 'curls get the girls', honey ;-)  You know all the old ladies who stop to talk to us while we are out walking...?  They wish their perms were as perfect as your curls, trust me :-)




I always thought you were going to be the quiet child, my zen baby.  How wrong was I!  But I love that you are boisterous, and engaging, and cheeky, and intelligent, and oh-so-boyish.  And your determination is like nothing I have ever seen...except perhaps in your Daddy...




So whilst my body will never be the same for having had you, neither will my heart...because YOU are my heart, walking around on two delightfully wonky little legs.


Happy birthday, my baby boy.  


I love you now and forever...


-xxxooo-

13 comments:

  1. He is just adorable Belinda, and they are so special........
    Happy Birthday little fella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is a wonderful baby,and your words touched my heart.
    Happy Birthday baby boy!!
    Sorry for my english
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words for a beautiful little baby boy! My little niece just turned one, too. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bellinda!

    Oh, I´m touched...your beautiful declaration of love to your son...
    Happy birthday to your sunshine little baby boy!!!
    Kind regards
    Eveline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I can't believe he is one already. He is certainly growing into an adorable little man - and yep definitely a heart breaker with those curls... Spencer has them too but blonde!

    Happy Birthday Jett ♥

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. How the time does fly! He is such a sweetie! Mine turned 5 a couple weeks ago and I feel the same! With each turn of the calender we see the before and after and are amazed with both!

    Huge hugs to the Birthday Boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a gorgeous way with words. Happy Birthday to the little man, what a spunky monkey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Jett, how his first year has gone by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and gorgeous comments everyone ♥ Jett had a fabulously fun birthday, and decided that it was the day to start walking too! So it was a great day all round :-) B. -xo-

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMMMMMM Belinda he is so beautiful. He stands with such confidence. It is amazing how fast the grow up. I am so happy that you are able to spend time with your children and not have to work. Happy birthday Jett.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Nicole, we are amazed at how fast he is growing up! I feel very blessed that I am able to stay home with the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although a bit late - because I was on holiday -, I'd like to wish your extremely cute little son a very-very happy birthday!!!
    Lots of love, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, thank you so much Niki! I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing holiday...welcome back! :-) B. -xo-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-