Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sneak Preview: The *Gateway to Marrakech* Necklace

Do you remember this sketch?



It has come to life!

A stunning Sonora Sunrise Chrysocolla from my little stash of stones has come together with a show of sumptuous silver in the latest necklace from my *Moroccan Odyssey* Collection.

The *Gateway to Marrakech* Necklace


Inspired by the nineteen gates surrounding the city of Marrakech...


magnificently ornate salmon-hued arches built in the 12th century...



A Moroccan motif hand-sawn from the backplate...


...a little secret known only to the wearer...



The necklace seals with both a lobster clasp and hand-wrought and textured ring...


...and a striking Mystic Orange Carnelian briolette sways from the extender chain...



This necklace has the most wonderful weight to it,


a symbol of strength and assurance...



Making an appearance in my Etsy store soon!


15 comments:

  1. OH Belinda you have a gift for this! I am utterly speachless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know it feels wonderful to see that piece finally in existence and flowing from your fingers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Belinda. Thanks for "liking" my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda, oh my gosh, it's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb detail Belinda. It's absolutely gorgeous. You've most definitely found your calling:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Belinda that is absolutely gorgeous... I can't believe how quickly your metal work has progressed... you are obviously a natural. Stunning.

    Karyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's stunning! Love the colors and the shapes! And that tiny carnelian has stolen my heart.
    Looks like you've found your true passion! ;)

    xo,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you Belinda, Gorgeous! I like the layers and texturing.
    xo, Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so beautiful--I love the contrast of the colors turquoise and orange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowowowowowowwwwww B this is magnificent!!!!! I mean truly magnificent!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lovely jewelry to add charm to one's neck.Wonderful work of art.I love both especially the mystic orange is so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your gorgeous comments! Your kind words sing a song all the way to my heart ♥

    B.
    -xo-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-